- To be recognized as an international leader in language education through innovative program design, scholarship of teaching and learning, effective use of assessment and state-of-the-art applications of technology.
- To make maximum impact upon UST students’ competence in English, with a focus on academic literacy and discipline-related language.
- To ensure that all undergraduate and postgraduate students are equipped with adequate English for successful completion of their studies through the medium of English.
- To provide appropriate training in Chinese communication for local and non-local students.
- To develop UST students’ intercultural awareness through a range of informal language activities, including local and overseas immersion and the study of Third Languages.