Writing Effectively: Organizing Your Ideas
- Do you have great ideas, but find it difficult to write about them logically and persuasively?
- Do you find it challenging to transition smoothly between sentences and paragraphs?
- Do your readers like your theory but get lost in your writing before reaching the conclusion?
What does “writing effectively” involve? When a piece of writing is described as “seamless”, it means that the reader is able to effortlessly progress through the writer’s sentences and paragraphs. The content is presented logically with each statement supported by appropriate evidence, and the writing itself is smooth and integrated. By ensuring your writing is coherent (logical) and cohesive (smooth) you make it easy for your reader to say “yes”!
Writing Effectively will improve the quality of your written work.
By the end of the course, you are expected to:
- recognize the importance of coherence and cohesion in academic writing;
- acquire a thorough understanding of essential grammar concepts to enhance connectivity;
- utilize a variety of linguistic devices and strategies in order to make your writing easier to read; and
- understand how to organize your ideas logically in order to improve reader understanding.
|Registration Dates||17 Sep 2021 – 23 Sep 2021|
|Maximum Number of Participants||18|
Refund & Attendance Requirement
Registration via online system.
Only online payment (i.e. Visa/Master cards) will be accepted. Application will be considered only after online payment is completed. Your application becomes invalid if online payment is unsuccessful, and you will have to re-apply before the deadline.
|Eligibility||All HKUST students are welcome.|